Welcome to your divine journey home to yourself and the divine being you are invited to be.
Everything I do is an invitation to become more of who you are. I care deeply about Womens' health and the womb space of our bellies where we have an incredible opportunity to nourish and connect with our deepest, truest self. I discovered Maya Massage while in Herb School in 1998. I was suffering from really painful cramping at the beginning of my menstrual cycle and even though I knew all the anti spasmodic herbs and anti inflammatory herbs and regularly drank red raspberry tea and supported my liver I was taking Advil the first day of my cycle and feeling really guilty about it as I am a natural type of girl. I was introduced to Maya massage as a way to shift the position of my uterus to help with my symptoms. Arvigo Technique® Maya Abdominal Massage is an external massage to the abdomen to help neutralize the position of the uterus decreasing stagnation of blood, lymph, chi, and nerves and bring circulation to the lower abdomen and ovaries improving the hormonal feedback system. After receiving a treatment and performing diligent self care I was no longer experiencing the painful cramping I had been struggling with. Before knowing this treatment existed I had believed that uterine position was fixed and nothing could be done about it. I was so inspired by this treatment and the fact that I was empowered to massage myself as well. I went to Massage School to become a practitioner so that I could go study Arvigo Technique® Maya Abdominal Massage in Belize. My first trip to meet Rosita Arvigo and traditional healers Miss Hortense and Miss Beatrice Waight was in 1999. It was to be the beginning of my true work.
Maya Massage is helpful for the following conditions:
- Painful or irregular menstruation
- Headache or migraine with menses
- Bladder infections
- Yeast and Vaginosis
- Irregular ovulation, failure to ovulate
- Pelvic pain
- Menopausal symptoms
- Post surgical adhesions in abdomen
- Digestive issues
- Low back pain
- Tired weak legs
So Why has our uterus shifted position and why is it important to help her move back into a neutral position?
My own story was that my uterus was sitting back, retroverted and pressing on my sacrum, causing low back pain, and lot’s of cramping to dispel blood every month from a position that was tilted back. My uterus was also over to one side causing some congestion is one on my ovaries which actually twinged when I ovulated from that side. After receiving treatments and performing self care along with some castor oil treatments my symptoms were relieved and I experienced a whole new awareness of how good my body could feel.
Reasons for a Wandering Uterus:
- Repeated pregnancies close together
- Bad care during pregnancy, delivery, post partum
- Carrying Heavy burdens just before menses and too soon after childbirth
- Walking barefoot of cold floors and wet grass
- Wearing high heel shoes
- Running on cement surfaces
- Injury to the sacrum/tailbone from a fall, severe blow or car accident
- Chronic constipation, straining during bowel movements
- Poor alignment of pelvic bones with the spinal column
- Chronic spasms around low back and sacrum
- Carrying your children on the hip for prolonged periods
- Modern life
- Emotional armoring from rape, sexual abuse, or incest
- Aging and the pull of gravity on ligaments
- Career in high impact dancing, aerobics, or sports
- Chronic cough
- Surgical intervention
The first initial session, 90 minutes includes a full health history and exploration of all factors contributing to symptoms. You receive an Anterior treatment (belly) and coaching in how to perform the massage on yourself. Adjunctive therapies may also be discussed as well as herbal remedies, nutrition and other supportive lifestyle variations. A minimum of one follow up is recommended, this 60 minute appointment includes review of the anterior treatment and a posterior treatment to include low back, sacrum, legs.